September Discussion Post
Sep. 18th, 2026 01:37 pm
It's time for our monthly discussion post! This post will remain open for you to contribute at any time, so no pressure. Even if you didn't get around to reading any of your selected books or opted out of participating for the month, you're still more than welcome to take part in the discussion.
Please copy and paste this in the comments!
no subject
Date: 2026-09-26 01:56 pm (UTC)What books were chosen for you? Memoirs of an Invisible Man - H.F. Saint (sci-fi), The Echo of a Shot - Alf Henrikson (non-fiction), Crooked House - Agatha Christie (female author)
Did you manage to read your books? Which ones? Crooked House only.
Would you recommend your chosen book(s)? I guess so. It wasn't bad, it was actually pretty good. Though I didn't care for the MC and I'm so-so on the culprit. I've certainly read worse choice of criminals though. I dunno. I guess nothing compares to And Then There Were none to me of her books, though it's been like 15 years since I read it and I don't know if it holds up for me. But I did like that it kind of connected me to my grandma, because she got this copy of the book back in the 50s.
Did you read anything else this month, outside of your chosen books? No, I didn't. Well not books, at least. I read some fanfics as well but eh. Besides that I didn't read a lot besides when I was editing my own stuff.